MSE GROUP - Biologist/Ecologist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong familiarity with Florida’s ecosystems
• Conducts gopher tortoise surveys, permitting, and relocation
• Performs wetland evaluations.
• Conducts threatened and endangered species surveys/studies.
• Conducts monitoring (vegetation, WQ and wildlife) within various types of ecosystems.
• Assists in the preparation of environmental documents and permits.
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team setting
• Prepares graphics using ArcGis at the direction of project managers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to present to Supervisors.
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of computer aided software (Microsoft Suite, ArcGIS, Outlook, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or Environmental Studies from an accredited four-year college or university
• 3-5 years of experience in field of study preferred
PPM Consultants - Geologist/Engineer, Junior Level
PPM are seeking a Junior Level Geologist/Engineer for their Orlando, Florida location. The general duties and qualifications are listed below.
•A Bachelor’s degree in geology, environmental science, engineering, or related discipline.
•1 to 5 years of experience in the geologic or environmental industry.
•Prior experience in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel
•Interest in both field and office duties, with data management and evaluation skills.
•Ability to multi-task.
•Maintains attention to detail.
•Strong communication skills both written and oral.
•Ability to follow specific instruction.
•Valid Driver’s License.
•Some travel required.
•Support field activities related to the installation of monitoring wells, multi- media sample collection, and maintenance of remedial systems.
•Assist in the preparation of written work products including work plans, technical reports and proposals.
•Input of data into Excel tables.
•Work in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines.
•Perform other duties as assigned and needed.
St. Johns River Water Management District - Paid Internship Opportunity; Land Resource Technician
The St. Johns River Water Management District has four (4) full‐time paid internship opportunities for a Land Resource Technician to assist in gopher tortoise surveys and relocations in Brevard County. Two part‐time internships could be used to replace one full‐time intern position.
Internship Period (approximate): April 2 – May 18, 2018
Salary: Land Resource Technician $15/hr.
This is work providing technical assistance with the District’s gopher tortoise relocation efforts
associated with the Flood Protection and Levee Maintenance Initiative. This work will involve some long days (greater than 8 hours) and work on weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) for four of the eight week internship period.
- An Associate degree (or at least a sophomore status in a 4‐year program) from an accredited college in biology, ecology, environmental science, or other natural science field, a valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Gopher tortoise relocation or other similar survey, monitoring, and relocation experience preferred. A valid Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Authorized Gopher Tortoise Agent Permit may substitute for the required experience.
If additional information about this opportunity is needed, contact Mark Brandenburg at
email@example.com or 407‐659‐0915. Interested individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Retail Properties - Environmental Compliance Specialist
Manage, coordinate, facilitate and monitor all environmental issues on properties owned by the Company from time of acquisition forward. Establish and run environmental compliance program for the company for all properties owned by the company. Responsible for keeping active environmental issues database current and accurate for use by management and by underwriters in any debt or equity offering.
◾Bachelor’s degree (B. S. preferred) or an environmental paralegal with paralegal certificate (considered)
◾At least 5 years of experience in environmental compliance for a company or in government or working as a paralegal involving environmental matters
◾Ability to read and understand Phase I Assessments, Phase II Assessments, and other environmental reports and investigations
◾Ability to read and understand leases, access agreements, and environmental insurance documents
More information and application here.
Members of CFAEP can post employment opportunities within their companies or companies can post available positions within their company. If you are interested in posting an employment opportunity, please contact Hannah Rowe by email. Your posting will be maintained on the website for 90 days.