St. Johns River Water Management District - Paid Internship Opportunity; Land Resource Technician
The St. Johns River Water Management District has four (4) full‐time paid internship opportunities for a Land Resource Technician to assist in gopher tortoise surveys and relocations in Brevard County. Two part‐time internships could be used to replace one full‐time intern position.
Internship Period (approximate): April 2 – May 18, 2018
Salary: Land Resource Technician $15/hr.
This is work providing technical assistance with the District’s gopher tortoise relocation efforts
associated with the Flood Protection and Levee Maintenance Initiative. This work will involve some long days (greater than 8 hours) and work on weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) for four of the eight week internship period.
- An Associate degree (or at least a sophomore status in a 4‐year program) from an accredited college in biology, ecology, environmental science, or other natural science field, a valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Gopher tortoise relocation or other similar survey, monitoring, and relocation experience preferred. A valid Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Authorized Gopher Tortoise Agent Permit may substitute for the required experience.
If additional information about this opportunity is needed, contact Mark Brandenburg at
email@example.com or 407‐659‐0915. Interested individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Retail Properties - Environmental Compliance Specialist
Manage, coordinate, facilitate and monitor all environmental issues on properties owned by the Company from time of acquisition forward. Establish and run environmental compliance program for the company for all properties owned by the company. Responsible for keeping active environmental issues database current and accurate for use by management and by underwriters in any debt or equity offering.
◾Bachelor’s degree (B. S. preferred) or an environmental paralegal with paralegal certificate (considered)
◾At least 5 years of experience in environmental compliance for a company or in government or working as a paralegal involving environmental matters
◾Ability to read and understand Phase I Assessments, Phase II Assessments, and other environmental reports and investigations
◾Ability to read and understand leases, access agreements, and environmental insurance documents
More information and application here.
Alachua County Board of County Commissioners - Environmental Specialist
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, chemistry, natural science, or a related field and one year of related environmental experience; or any equivalent combination of related training and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida driver's license. Successful completion of a criminal history background investigation is required prior to employment. Applicants within six months of meeting the education/experience requirement may be considered for trainee status. A valid State of Florida Class "A" Commercial Driver's license desirable.
Closing Date: 2/23/18
$17.64 Hourly; $36,691.20 Annually
Apply on-line at http://www.alachuacounty.us/employment
Bio-Tech Consulting - Project Biologist/Permitting Specialist
Bio-Tech Consulting, Inc., a full service environmental consulting firm, has an opening for a Biologist/Environmental Permitting Specialist in our Downtown Orlando, FL office. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience as an environmental consultant in Florida. Strong written and oral communication skills a must.
• Environmental assessments
• Jurisdictional wetland delineations
• Protected species assessments and permitting
• Federal/state/local wetland permitting
• Project management
• Preparation of technical reports and permit applications
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience working as an environmental consultant
• B.S. Degree in one of the natural sciences
• Ability to coordinate and interact with other team members, project professionals, and local, state and federal regulatory personnel
• Ability to travel and conduct field work on various project sites and meet with clients and agency staff in office and field settings. Travel may also include overnight stays outside of Orlando from time to time
• Must have a working knowledge of wetland science, flora/fauna and ecosystems of Florida
• Proficient with GIS and mapping
• Soil, groundwater and surface water sample collection experience a plus
• Ability to work independently
The open position offers an excellent benefits package and the opportunity for growth to the right individual. Please visit our website at www.btc-inc.com If you are interested in joining the Bio-Tech Team, please send your resume to email@example.com. EOE.
Members of CFAEP can post employment opportunities within their companies or companies can post available positions within their company. If you are interested in posting an employment opportunity, please contact Hannah Rowe by email. Your posting will be maintained on the website for 90 days.